Re: Something about Lotus Domino and (Open)LDAP

On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Michael Fuller wrote:

> A related question here. I have a Domino Server Version 4.6 installed on
> windows NT 4.0.

My answers are based on R5 but they could apply to 4.6 as well; I don't know.

> This is my requirement:
>
> 1.  I want to replicate the user database to OpenLdap on Red Hat 7.3 for use
> with freeradius and squid proxy for           authentication and
> authorisation..

Why ? Why don't you just use the Domino LDAP task for authentication, i.e. point
your freeradius and Squid to the hostname of the Domino server ? It'll save you
headaches...

> 4.  I need to give the users access to change their passwords.

No problem. If a user has bound to Domino correctly, she can change the
userpassword attribute which sets the Internet password in the Domino directory (NAB).