LDAP Autentication.

 Hello Friends

I´m trying to understand how to bind and autenticate users in a LDAP Server.
I imported the users to the LDAP (using migrationtools) and I can autenticate then from all servers (login and FTP) after run the authconfig tool.
However when trying to use ACLs I can not autenticate. Actually I did not understand well how ACLs works.

My NET
------------

- There are 5 Linux servers and I´d like to autenticate all users in a LDAP server (SERVER1).
SERVER1(Ldap)  -- SERVER2 -- SERVER3 SERVER4 -- SERVER5

I already have the LDAP tree
ou=group1,o=mycompany,c=BR
ou=group2,o=mycompany,c=BR
ou=group3,o=mycompany,c=BR
ou=group4,o=mycompany,c=BR
ou=group5,o=mycompany,c=BR

I would like to have diferent groups in the LdapServer and autenticate them according to the groups.
So I tryied to use the ACLs in the slap.conf

access to dn=".*,ou=group1,o=mycompany,c=BR" by  self  read
access to dn=".*,ou=group2,o=mycompany,c=BR" by  self  read
access to dn=".*,ou=group3,o=mycompany,c=BR" by  self  read
access to dn=".*,ou=group4,o=mycompany,c=BR" by  self  read
access to dn=".*,ou=group5,o=mycompany,c=BR" by  self  read

By using this, I can not autenticate, however if use
access to dn=".*,ou=group1,o=mycompany,c=BR" by  *  read   the autentication works, but for everybody (so I have no protection).

Is my explanation clear ?
Can someone please help me please ?

Regards

Claudemir F. Martins