authentication using openldap

	Can anyone help me please with this isssue: ?
I'm trying to get my Mandrake 8.2 box authenticate using Openldap (installed
on the same computer).
I've tryed using the tutorial written by David Elson
(www.saas.nsw.edu.au/solutions/ldap-auth1.html  and
www.saas.nsw.edu.au/solutions/ldap-auth2.html). Even if the tutorial was
intended for RedHat 7.1, I managed to apply what is written there, but I
got stuck when I tryed to bind to ldap with authentication
(ldapsearch -x -D 'uid=root, ou=People,o=MyCompany,c=AU' -W 'uid=root').
It sais "invalid credentials", though I verified with gq and the password is
the same as the one from /etc/shadow. Mention that I can search the database
without authentication (ldapsearch -x 'uid=root').
	If someone has got his Mandrake (8.2) box authenticated using Openldap,
or knows how could I solve this problem, please help!
	It would be a great help if I could know the steps I have to follow and how
the configuration files should like. (I'm not so experienced with Linux)

	Thank you for your understanding!

	Paul Cusmin,
		qat@email.ro

Do you want a free e-mail for life ? Get it at http://www.email.ro/