Re: Root Access deny

fi-claudemir wrote:

I just started a Ldap server and began to autenticate some users for test (login autentication)

I imported the users and root account from the /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow (using migrationtools)

When I connect with an existing user or when I create a user in LDAP and try to login everthing works well, however I can not change to the root account because I alway got a password error.

Could somebody help me please ?

are you using nss_ldap and pam_ldap? are you using authconfig?? I had the same pb and found the solution in the "SAmba-LDAP-PDC howto" of IDEALX (samba.idealx.com)
If you're in the same configuration than I am, you have to change a line in /etc/pam.d/system-auth:

account     required      /lib/security/pam_unix.so
account     required      /lib/security/pam_ldap.so

account     required      /lib/security/pam_unix.so
account     sufficient    /lib/security/pam_ldap.so

 Hope it can help.

Claudemir F. Martins