[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: matching facsimileTelephoneNumber
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: matching facsimileTelephoneNumber
- From: Casey Lewis <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 09:38:35 -0700
- Cc: M.vanDorp@wiwo.nl
- Organization: R&R Partners, Inc.
- References: <200205121935.VAA07921@taz.wiwo.nl>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:0.9.9) Gecko/20020311
I've got a work around. It may not be the best solution, but that's why
I said 'work around'. :)
I've selected another atrribute to query.
It seems that the facsimileTelephoneNumber attrib does not allow the
types of queries we are trying, but destinationIndicator does.
I made the modifications to my directory tree last week and things seem
Hope this helps.
I've had similar problems with matching, and tried the following:
and found: facsimileTelephoneNumber=071-5237794
Which is correct.
When I search for: fax=071-5237794
I find nothing!!
I tried your examples too, but to no avail.
I've written a little webtool in php, and tried the same search,
but with the same results. Even when I try a complete match
(fax=071-5237794), it won't find anything!
I guess I'm back to the RFC's (sigh).
The thought occurred I might not be using the correct filter syntax, so
I digged a bit deeper into regexp notation (as you use for defining
ACLs in slapd.conf), and tried ".*7794", but with no results, too.
Maybe the "=" only compares strings, not phonenumbers, but I'm not sure.
Please let me know if you find a solution (probably something very