[Date Prev][Date Next]
AIX 4.3.3 build problem - crash when calling liblber functions from libldap_r (openldap 2.0.23)
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: AIX 4.3.3 build problem - crash when calling liblber functions from libldap_r (openldap 2.0.23)
- From: Tim Murphy <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 17:57:18 +0100
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.0rc2) Gecko/20020510
I wonder if anyone has had this problem before:
I successfully compiled openldap 2.0.23 with cyrus sasl (linked
statically for various reasons) and open-ssl (linked dynamically).
What I find is that the first time a function in libldap or libldap_r
calls anything in liblber, my application segfaults. This happens after
the function call has happened (gdb reports that the crash is in
function X in liblber) but before the first statement in that function
I created an empty test function in liblber just to make sure that the
issue was with the function call - even calling this empty function
causes a segfault.
I am not sure what to look for - could be some kind of calling
convention problem or something like that. If anyone has had a similar
problem I'd be glad to know.
I need to use the AIX C compiler and using gcc doesn't help anyway.