userPasswd problem

Hi !

I'v patch openldap 2.0.23-4 with the multimaster patch
(http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200204/msg00681.html)

After that (i belive thats when the prob. started) I can not change
userPasswd for users. New users does not get a passwd either

The userPasswd attr says {crypt}x

When I try to change a users passwd with

'ldappasswd -x -D "cn=manager,dc=htg,dc=org" -w secret username' I get

Result: DSA is unwilling to perform (53)
Additional info: authorization database is a read-only replica

I'm confused. Adding and deleting users works fine. And also changing
smb passwd (via smbldap-passwd.pl) works fine.

smbldap-passwd should change both passwd, and it did before

Could anyone help me ?

I'm a novice at LDAP. Do you need more info, slapd.conf ldap.conf ?

regards
Roger Helgesen