Re: Configuring the system to use LDAP

Hi,
 I'm not really sure if the authconfig rpm will work on Mandrake. When
Mandrake first started they essentially modified Redhat's distro so if
they are still close enough it may work. Again I'm not really sure. But
that being said there really is not that much to be done to setup LDAP
authentication. Here are the steps:

1) edit the /etc/ldap.conf file (setup host,basedn,pam_password type and
ssl if you like)
2) edit any files in /etc/pam.d (for imap I have the following
#%PAM-1.0
#auth       required     /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
#account    required     /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
auth        required    /lib/security/pam_ldap.so
account     required    /lib/security/pam_ldap.so
)

3) make sure that you have users in LDAP and it's started.

I think that's it, but this is off the top of my head.

Cheers,
Harry