Re: samba && openldap

>>>does samba work with openldap yet ?
>>>if so which version.
>>Samba 2.2.3a,  2.2.3 officially supports the LDAP backend.  For a real
>>PDC I still recommend patched 2.2.1a as 2.2.3a has a few spoolss
>>issues.  (Although there are a couple patches for 2.2.3a that really
>>help,  http://ftp.samba.org/ftp/jerry/samba-2.2.3a-patches/).
>I have setup samba 2.2.3a with LDAP support (--with-ldapsam) an also I
>recommend to setup,
>Smbldap-tools (http://samba.IDEALX.org/) it can help, but have some trouble,
>when password contains ['`,."] chars. Every sings is good accept Groups. I
>cannot get groups list from samba on NT machine. Who know about this
>problem?

There is a wicked little trick to this.  Grab Samba 3.0 from CVS and
build it.  From the build steal the smbgroupedit utility.  Then throw
away the rest of the 3.0 build.  smbgroupedit works with every Samba
I've tried since (and including) 2.2.1a to establish NT groups and
relations between NT and Posix groups.  Does something inside one of the
TDB files.  It is ***obviously*** NOT "supported",  but it works for me.