Von: Thomas Nau [mailto:thomas.nau@rz.uni-ulm.de]
Gesendet: Montag, 29. April 2002 07:45
An: benkerts@emt.iis.fhg.de
Cc: Openldap-Software
Betreff: Re: Problem with running slapd on clusters

Susanne,

as I don't know which OS you are using I have to guess: seems that the
socket is in TIME_WAIT state which doesn't allow you to use the IP/port
pair for a while (details in Stevens TCP/IP Vol 1). If you check the
sources (line 473, openldap-2.0.23/servers/slapd/daemon.c) you will see

#ifdef SO_REUSEADDR
            /* enable address reuse */
            tmp = 1;
            rc = setsockopt( l.sl_sd, SOL_SOCKET, SO_REUSEADDR,
                     (char *) &tmp, sizeof(tmp) );
#endif

If my assumption is right you should check if setsockopt() gets called.

Hope this helps,
Thomas