Re: web500gw

At 12:11 PM 2002-04-25, Jackie Hunt wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>We are running web500gw with a Univ of Mich LDAP server.  We're
>finally moving on to OpenLDAP 2.0.11, but we'd like to keep web500gw
>running.  It has some nice features we'd hate to lose.
>
>I've tried compiling it and run into incomplete struct errors.

OpenLDAP 1.2 was the last series in which we attempted to
maintained compatibility with U-Mich LDAP APIs.  OpenLDAP
2.0 uses significantly revamped APIs.  Besides the obvious
changes, a number of API calls have updated semantics
(especially in the area of memory management).

>I realize web500gw probably wasn't written to work with LDAP 2.0.11.

There are a number of web500gw derivatives which have been updated
to work with OpenLDAP 2.x.  If not listed in the FAQ, you try google
or another search engine.

>But I'm still wondering if anyone has it running with OpenLDAP and
>if so, what version of ldap?  Also, I'd be interested in hearing what
>ldap-to-http gateways you are using and how well they run.

The FAQ lists many.

Krt