2 questions...

Hi all...

my setup is

Redhat Linux 7.2

I am a beginner in ldap and OpenLdap, I followed the OpenLDAP 2.0
Administrator's Guide and when I reached the quick start guide I managed
to use ldapsearch, but I failed to use ldapadd, although I followed strictly
what is written in the quick-start guide.

I found out that removing comments from the configuration file solves this
problem. My first question is why comments are problematic in this case?

I then tried to use migration tools. I used migrate_all_online.sh script,
it worked fine till it reached /etc/protocols and when it tries to add an
entry for the protocol tp++ it terminates with the following message:

	adding new entry "cn=tp++,ou=Protocols,dc=testyard"
	ldap_add: Invalid DN syntax
  	      additional info: invalid DN

second question: what is the problem? is it the (++) at the end of cn?

thanks in advance
Download mersal and add me as a friend :)