Re: Problem Adding

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 08:52:45AM +0100, Puneet wrote:
> I am running openldap server 2.0.11 and i m trying to add new records with ldap_add()
> previously i have added records using this tool and it never gave a problem, now i m trying to add records lower in the herarchy and it is giving me the following error
> -----------------
> ldap_add: No such object
> ldif_record() = 32

That error usually means that you are trying to add an entry under a
node that does not already exist in the tree. e.g. before you can add

you must already have added

make sure you are consistent in the way you use the short-form
attribute names in DNs too, as OpenLDAP treats short-form and
long-form names as *different* (a bug in my opinion):

will not match

in a DN...

|        Andrew.Findlay@skills-1st.co.uk       +44 1628 782565        |