Re: problems adding

Thanks, this solved my problem...
Fozia
Dan Parker wrote:

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, Fozia Zaidi wrote:

I tried using both binary and octet syntax for the attribute, but both give me this error:
ldap_add: Undefined attribute type
additional info: root cert: attribute type undefined

Can anyone help me out with what I may be doing wrong?
Do I need to encode the DER file using base 64 or is there an error in the way I pointed to the file?

here's my ldif file:

dn: cn=jennifer,dc=karthika,dc=com
objectclass: person
objectclass: rootcert
cn: jennifer
sn: jones
rootcert: file:///home/project/rsaX509.der

 ^^^^^^^^

You've defined 'rootcert' as an object class but not as an attribute, but
you're using it as an attribute here.

That's why you're getting the message 'attribute type undefined'.

Dan

--
Fozia Zaidi
Software Designer