Re: problems adding

Thanks, this solved my problem...
Dan Parker wrote:

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, Fozia Zaidi wrote:

I tried using both binary and octet syntax for the attribute, but both give me this error:
ldap_add: Undefined attribute type
additional info: root cert: attribute type undefined

Can anyone help me out with what I may be doing wrong?
Do I need to encode the DER file using base 64 or is there an error in the way I pointed to the file?

here's my ldif file:

dn: cn=jennifer,dc=karthika,dc=com
objectclass: person
objectclass: rootcert
cn: jennifer
sn: jones
rootcert: file:///home/project/rsaX509.der

You've defined 'rootcert' as an object class but not as an attribute, but
you're using it as an attribute here.

That's why you're getting the message 'attribute type undefined'.

Fozia Zaidi
Software Designer
Karthika Technologies
Toronto, ON, Canada