Re: Questions to posixGroup

Hi,
On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 02:10:23PM +0200, Holger Banko wrote:
[..]

> When I insert a UserId in memberUid this user should be the member of two
> groups? This group and the group I specified in his LDAP profile in the
> posixAccount in gidNumber ? Am I right ??
Yes, exactly. The group you specified in the "gidNumber" Attribute is the
primary group (it's like the gid You specify in /etc/passwd").

> When I make a su [this ldap user with membership in users and specified in
> posixGroup] and try to write into the Directory (group has write access) I
> get an access denied ?
What does Your access rule look like?

> The group is placed under /-Groups-My_Group.
>
> Can I put many User IDs in the memberUid Field from posixGroup seperated by
> "," ?
No, You need to add multiple memberUid Attributes to the Entry. In LDIF
it would look similar to this:

dn: cn=group,dc=suse,dc=de
objectClass: top
objectClass: posixGroup
cn: group
gidNumber: 101
memberUid: uid1
memberUid: uid2
memberUid: uid3

--
Ralf Haferkamp

SuSE Linux AG                                    - The Linux Experts -
Deutschherrnstrasse 15-19                         http://www.suse.com
D-90429 Nuernberg, Germany                        Tel: +49-911-74053-0