Re: Resource temporarily unavailable Problem.

On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 10:21:11AM -0700, Mehdi Jabal Ameli wrote:
> hello,
> when I run slapcat this return:
>
> dn: ou=groups, dc=sunset , dc=ce , dc=sharif , dc=edu
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: organizationalUnit
> ou: groups
>
> dn: ou=people, dc=sunset , dc=ce , dc=sharif , dc=edu
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: organizationalUnit
> ou: people
>
> dn: cn=mehdi jabalameli, ou=people, dc=sunset , dc=ce , dc=sharif , dc=edu
> cn: mehdi jabalameli
> sn: jablameli
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: person
>
> but when I run slapd and then run
> ldapsearch 'cn=mehdi' -x
> its returns:
>
> # search result
> search: 2
> result: 32 No such object

Hello

     I think that the errors you see may be the result of an
incorrect query.

I think that you should use:

ldapsearch 'cn=mehdi*' -x

Note the wildcard * following 'mehdi'.

Incidentally, I generally use the -b option to specify the base of
the search e.g. I would do

ldapsearch 'cn=mehdi*' -x -b 'dc=sunset,dc=ce,dc=sharif,dc=edu'

I'm not sure what -b defaults to; it doesn't seem to use the suffix
specified in slapd.conf.

man ldapsearch says :

       -b searchbase
              Use searchbase as the starting point for the search
              instead of the default.

Does any one know what the default of -b is?

Bob
--
The Law of the Letter:
	The best way to inspire fresh thoughts is to seal the envelope.