Slapd bind or listener error

We've a ldap client and server machines connected direclty
with hub with openldap 2.0 & Redhat linux 7.x installed.
Both machine can ping & telnet to each other. Our problem is
that the ldap clinent can't perform and lapdsearch/ldapadd
towards the Server machine. The following is the trace
results :

We did the trace with both "slapd -d " and ethereal,
we see the "slap -d" command genetates the following
error messages :

>daemon : init : listen on ldap :///
>daemon : init : 1 listeners to open
>ldap_url_parse_ext( ldap :///)
>daemon : socket() failed errno=97 (Address family not supported by
protocol)
>daemon : bind (6) failed errno = 98 (Address already in use)
>daemon : bind (6) failed
>slapd stopped
>connections-destroy : nothing to destroy

For ethereal monitor, when we type :"lapdsearch..." in Client machine,
the Server machine's ethereal shows the following trace :

	Source Address  Destination Adddress    Scr Port   Dest port

>TCP  192.168.1.3		192.168.1.2			1124
389

>ICMP 192.168.1.2		192.168.1.3	 (Type : 3 destination
unreachable,
	`					  Code : 3 Port Unreachable
)

Does it mean our slapd is not binding/listening to the port 389 ? If
yes, how to bind the slapd with the host IP address & port number ?
Our etc/services file does have "ldap 389/tcp" defined.

Strangely enough, we can use the "lapdsearch" or "ldapadd" on the server
machine to do ldap operations via loopback address 127.0.0.1. (though the
message says "slapd stopped" )

Much apprecated if you've any suggestions ?

regards,

Yet Chang