Re: Which ldap.conf?

Hi,
> After installed RedHat Linux 7.2 (choose Server Install).
> Result of command "rpm -q openldap" is "openldap-2.0.11-13".
> It's seem the "Ldap server have not installed" (In folder
> "/usr/local/etc/openldap, folder "schema" is not found").
> Then, I have installed ldap server (get source package from

1. I belive that for the server to be installed, you must install the
openldap-server and openldap-clients rpms. Ofcource, you have just
installed it from source, but the fine thing with the rpms, is that they
give you some extra setuptools here and there. Anyhow, it's your choice,
but I suggest you try the rpms :)

2. RH comes installed with pam-ldap and nss-ldap. These packages take
their config options from the file /etc/ldap.conf

The Openldap clients (ldapsearch etc) on the other hand uses
/etc/openldap/ldap.conf

Hope this helps

Tarjei

ftp://ftp.openldap.org/pub/OpenLDAP/openldap-stable/openldap-stable-20020215.tgz).