RE: partial and fractional replication

Code for replicating subtrees of a DIT has been in place for a long time.
(Since I don't remember which is which of partial vs fractional at this
moment, I'm going to avoid using those terms.) The development code also
supports filtering so that only certain attributes will be replicated. This
would seem to answer your question, although you're not specific about how
you want to choose which entries are to be replicated.

By the way, it's slapd that determines what gets replicated, and slapd just
spits out the relevant info to the replog. slurpd takes whatever is in the
replog and sends it on its way. There's no issue of "is slurpd there yet"...

  -- Howard Chu