partial and fractional replication

I have read the postings on the development list about partial and
fractional replication, but I am not clear if anyone has a working (or
even somewhat working) implementation of a slurpd that will handle these

In brief, I would like to implement an architecture where a large
central ldap server replicates only certain entries and only certain
attributes of those entries to several smaller, application-specific
ldap servers.

If slurpd is not quite there yet, I could always just write some scripts
to do periodic comparisons and add/modify/deletes, but I wanted to check
if anyone has made progress on this yet.

Or, are there other ldap products on the market that do this kind of

-steve hodges
Georgia Tech