Re: Segmentation Fault using slapadd

1. Run gdb, at the command line with slapadd as the only arguement.
2. At the gdb prompt execute the 'run' command with your arguements.
ie...

#gdb slapadd
gdb>run -f  slapd.conf -l filename.ldif

Now if your program reliabley segfaults, then gdb will catch it. You should see a notice saying that it faulted.

at the gdb prompt run the backtrace command.

gdb>backtrace full

Copy and past the output in an email. That should at least give us more information to work with in debuging.

--Kervin

Celso G. Lima wrote:
I could not find a core file,  so I am assuming It did not leave any. Do you
know where else I can look to try to backtrace?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kervin Pierre" <kpierre@fit.edu> To: "Celso G. Lima" <celso.lima@usm.edu> Cc: <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org> Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2002 1:35 PM Subject: Re: Segmentation Fault using slapadd

did it leave a core file?  full backtrace might be helpful.

Celso G. Lima wrote:

I got a segmentation fault error when I ran

                       slapadd -f  slapd.conf -l filename.ldif

Does anybody know what might be causing this error?

Thanks,

Celso

-- http://linuxquestions.org/ - Ask linux questions, give linux help. http://splint.org/ - Write safe C code. splint source-code analyzer.