De : owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
[mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org] De la part de Pierangelo
Envoyé : 11 avril, 2002 10:31
À : Jean-Rene Cormier
Cc : 'OpenLDAP List'
Objet : Re: RE : Non ASCII char in dn?

Jean-Rene Cormier wrote:
> Still doesn't work for me...
> Other quick question, is it important that the dn is the same as an
> attribute?

Strictly speaking, yes; however slapd works even if you don't;
but there's a better way to do that, with language tags: you can do

dn: cn=string of <= 127 chars,dc=your,dc=org
cn: string of <= 127 chars
cn;lang-fr: UTF-8 string

However slapd should accept UTF-8 in the DN, but in that case you'd
see the dn base64 encoded.  That's the part I don't like.

Dr. Pierangelo Masarati               | voice: +39 02 2399 8309
Politecnico di Milano                 |
via La Masa 34, 20156 Milano, Italy   |