RE: Getting start

Supply the password using the "-w password". The -W prompts for the password
for authentication.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
[mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org]On Behalf Of Ronan Lucio
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2002 7:07 PM
To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Getting start

Hi All,

I installed OpenLDAO-2.0.23 and I´m trying to add a
initial entry to the directory. So, I follewd the steps in the
Quick Start-Guide at the OpenLDAP homepage.

slapd.conf
=======
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
pidfile         /var/run/slapd.pid
argsfile        /var/run/slapd.args
database        ldbm
suffix          "dc=myhost,dc=melim,dc=com,dc=br"
rootpw          secret
directory       /var/db/openldap-ldbm
index   objectClass     eq

ldap.conf
======
BASE    dc=myhost, dc=melim, dc=com
URI     ldap://myhost.melim.com.br

I started the slapd program, and if I type a command:
ldapsearch -x -b '' -s base '(objectclass=*)' namingContexts
It returns:
dn:
namingContexts: dc=myhost,dc=melim,dc=com,dc=br

But when I follow the next step:
ldapadd -x -D "cn=Manager,dc=myhost,dc=melim,dc=com,dc=br" -W -f melim.ldif

It always give me a error:
# ldapadd -x -D "cn=Manager,dc=myhost,dc=melim,dc=com,dc=br" -W -f melim
.ldif
Enter LDAP Password:
adding new entry "dc=myhost,dc=melim,dc=com,dc=br"
ldap_add: Operations error

ldif_record() = 1

melim.ldif
======
dn: dc=myhost,dc=melim,dc=com,dc=br
objectclass: dcObject
objectclass: organization
dc: melim
o: Melim Internet Provider

dn: cn=Manager,dc=myhost,dc=melim,dc=com,dc=br
objectclass: organizationalRole
cn: Manager

In this example I only changed the hostname to myhost,
Does anybody know what I´m doing wrong?

[]´s
Ronan