Re: Re: Exception With Attachment this time

Here is the sample I promised.

Cameron Morris
http://www.novell.com

>>> "Cameron Morris" <CMorris@novell.com> 04/05/02 10:14AM >>>
If you are using Sun's implementation of JSSE then you can set the
"javax.net.debug=all" property and it will give you a lot more
information.  I've found it very usefull in figuring out problems like
this.

My guess would be that the program doesn't know where your keystore
is.
 The keystore is identified by the "javax.net.ssl.trustStore"
property.

You can set the properties on the command line like this:
            java -Djavax.net.debug=all
-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=/mykeystore.keystore MyProgram

Or you can set them in your code like this:
            System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStore", path);

Attached is one of our JavaLDAP samples that we have for
SSLConnections.

Furthermore, if you are using Novell's JavaLDAP api (as opposed to
JNDI) that is posted on OpenLDAP.  Compile a debug version of the jar
("ant debug") and then set the property "ldap.debug=TraceAll" and
that'll give you tons of information - Maybe more that you care to
have
for SSL.

Hope that helps.
- Cameron