Antwort: LDAP message layout values

If you want, ican send you a source code which makes searches and print out
the value of each atrr.
It connects using ldaps.
There's good dok in the netscape's sdk site.
It's conforming the ldap rfc.
http://developer.netscape.com/docs/manuals/dirsdk/capi/alphaindex.htm

Cu.

Franz
Franz Skale
mainwork information technology AG
IT-Services
Tech Gate Vienna
Donaucitystrasse 1
A-1220 Wien
Tel: +43 1 333 48 58-0
Fax: +43 1 333 48 58-24
e-mail: f.skale@mainwork.com
Internet: http://www.mainwork.com

                    Lambrecht Michel IC D EG B
                    <Michel.Lambrecht@icn.siem        An:     openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
                    ens.de>                           Kopie:
                    Gesendet von:                     Thema:  LDAP message layout values
                    owner-openldap-software@Op
                    enLDAP.org

                    05.04.2002 11:17

Hello,

I am coding a simple LDAP client.
I first make a Socket connection to the LDAP server,
and I do want to send a bind, add etc...
I did take a look at the LDAP messages by usage of some different LDAP
clients with a sniffer,
and I do see some logic in the messages,
but the complete syntax in not clear to me.
(also the layout is sometimes slightly different for the different clients)
in the different RFC, you can see the layout of a bind etc...,
but in the LDAPmessage captured by the sniffer,
there is always some more values,
I assume these are tags (a kind of header)

--> My question : where do I find a detailed description of the layout of
the LDAP messages,
(on IP packet level)
or also : which VALUES must be written for which messages?

I know there are different open source clients,
but I need a specific (small) client my own

can someone please help me?

If I am on the wrong mailing list,
please point me to any usefull direction

THANKS IN ADVANCE !!

Greetings,
   Michel