Re: quick question about a slave openldap server

    bulk> On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 09:59:48AM +0200, Turbo Fredriksson
    bulk> wrote:
    >> writes:
    >> possible, >> only the replication daemon can write to it...
    >>
    Andreas> I couldn't reproduce this, I set readonly to yes and the
    Andreas> updatedn couldn't write to it anymore... This with
    Andreas> openldap-2.0.22.
    >>  Then the bug isn't fixed (YET!?!?)

    bulk> Is it a bug? I thought the readonly option made slapd open
    bulk> the database files readonly (e.g. fopen("/var/lib/ldap/...",
    bulk> "r"); )

The bug is that setting readonly=on won't work (it's read-only even
for the UpdateDN)...

    bulk> Theoretically I can see the the use of having a
    bulk> readonly-but-updateable replica, but would not have
    bulk> understood that "readonly on" did this from the
    bulk> documentation.

This worked in 1.2, and someone said (around when 2.0 was new) that
this was SUPPOSED to work in 2.0 as well... In the same fashion...