Antwort: OpenSSL + Java

You have to use special ldap_option settings to accomplish this.
/* OpenLDAP TLS options */
#define LDAP_OPT_X_TLS                          0x6000
#define LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_CTX                      0x6001  /* SSL CTX */
#define LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_CACERTFILE       0x6002
#define LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_CACERTDIR        0x6003
#define LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_CERTFILE         0x6004
#define LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_KEYFILE          0x6005
#define LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_REQUIRE_CERT     0x6006
/* #define LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_PROTOCOL              0x6007 */
#define LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_CIPHER_SUITE     0x6008
#define LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_RANDOM_FILE      0x6009

#define LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_NEVER            0
#define LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_HARD             1
#define LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_DEMAND           2
#define LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_ALLOW            3
#define LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_TRY              4

On the bind use the ldaps port.
Use ldap_start_tls_s to start tls transcation.
Hint: I didn't find any docs regarding the tls for ldap.
Franz Skale
mainwork information technology AG
Tech Gate Vienna
Donaucitystrasse 1
A-1220 Wien
Tel: +43 1 333 48 58-0
Fax: +43 1 333 48 58-24
e-mail: f.skale@mainwork.com
Internet: http://www.mainwork.com

                    "Zamangoer, Ferruh"
                    <ferruh.zamangoer@materna.        An:     OpenLdap-Software@OpenLDAP.com, openssl-users@openssl.org
                    de>                               Kopie:
                    Gesendet von:                     Thema:  OpenSSL + Java
                    02.04.2002 17:30

Hi all,

I'am writing a application in java , which allows the user to make a search
in LDAP-Server. My Problem is that I want to use a secure network
to communicate between the application and LDAP Server. I have install the
openssl , but I have not found an easy manual which describes what I have
edit in the openssl.conf.
Can anybody help me??

thanks in advance for any help