Re: Auto Number

>Is it possible to have auto number generation in LDAP. Like we have
>in RDBMS, usually the primary key number is set to auto number and it keeps
>incrementing as new records are added to the table. I dont think this will
>be possible with LDAP ?? Any idea how can I achieve this ??

You have to arrange a mechanism yourself.  Create an object that
contains the last number used, etc... and increment that.  Or other
people simply pick a random number and test to see if it has been used.
Probably something that is really best handled via some platform neutral
rpc method like XML-RPC or maybe even a simple http-get.