Re: top level design - Posix groups for rights ?

I have read in a very professional looking document written by Michael
Gettes entitled "A recipe for Configuring and Operating LDAP
directories". It appears there is a reason to use DC over other types
when using a directory.

He says
    Imagine I am joe user and I wish to send email to
    gettses@georgetown.edu, securely, using certificates.
    To do so, I must have the cert for gettes@georgetown.edu. How do I
    find it ? Well, with DC naming. my mail client would first look in
    DNS for georgetown.ed and get back the SRV record (see RFC 2782) for
    the LDAP service associated with that domain name. With this, I know
    who to ask...