RE: Yet Another Beginner Question

Hello Howard,

that is an interesting view; I hadn't thought of that one. What comes to mind
though, is that if your source of data is (e.g.) /etc/passwd directly, how
do you, if at all, synchronize it on other systems ? What I mean is that using
NSS for example, I can have a multitude of LDAP slave servers as backups. I
don't immediately see the possibility of doing that with your solution. Can you
give us a little insight as to how you cope with failures on your master /etc/passwd
system ?

Why did you develop your UnixAuth agent ? Is it because the passwd backend back-passwd
doesn't support writing ? Would it not have been easier to implement that ?
And of course: is UnixAuth available to us mortals ? :-)

Regards,
	-JP