Re: using userPassword attribute

Hi,

Use slappasswd to generate the hash and then just paste it into the ldif
file.  See man page for slappasswd(8).

Cheers.

Dejan
Please respond to Mahesh Patil <Mahesh.Patil@Netdecisions.com>
Sent by:        owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
To:     "'OpenLdap-Software@OpenLDAP.com'" <OpenLdap-Software@openldap.com>
cc:
Subject:        using userPassword attribute

Hi guys,
                 I want to use "userPassword" attribute to store my
encrypted
password, can anybody help me how to do this ???
I tried to put following employees object:

dn: uid=Emp001,ou=Employees,o=Agilisys
ou: Employees
uid: EMP001
cn: Mahesh
sn: Patil
userPassword: titanic
objectclass: inetOrgPerson
objectclass: organizationalUnit

Now when I tried to search and retrieve the value of password attribute it
returns me junk caracters !!! any idea ?? When I'm using LDAP Browser(A
java
based utility) it shows me this attribute value as "BINARY(7b)".
                 Can anyone help me on "How to store encrypted password to
this field
and retrieve it " ??

                 I've been posting lot of mails since last 2 days as I've
just jumped
into LDAP stuff and really getting good reply to all my mails. Thanks to
all
you helped me.

Thanks,
Mahesh