Re: Populating a database

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, Peter Van Biesen wrote:

> Btw, something I forgot to say : netscape by default does not do a
> strict schemachecking, and openldap does, so if you have some
> groupofnames or groupofuniquenames, make sure you at least have one
> member or uniquemember !

Under iPlanet/netscape 4.1, groupofnames and groupofuniquenames do not
require member and uniquemember, even with schemachecking on.

Also note that, in some ways, openldap with schemachecking disabled,
does more strict schema checking than iPlanet with schemachecking
enabled - netscape does not enforce numeric OIDs, ever; I don't know if
it does OID uniqueness or not.

Personally, I prefer netscape's behavior on these better, in both cases.
If Sun gave me access to their source, I'd probably not be here.

Ed