I can not understand the error messages

  Hello,
  I join the mailing list, because I can not understand what my problems
are since I look a lot though google and the archives mailing list I still
do not understand what I am doing wrong.

  Here is the story. I try to install openLDAP in order to link it to the pam
interface and make openLDAP my authentification system.
At first I could not add test.ldif  so I skip the schema check, then now I
can connect to my ldap server (I allow anyone to write because I am in debug
mod)

after allowing connection to the ldap base, I try to make the connection to
pam (su) so when I do "su -l test" I have "su: user test does not exist"
answer I try to understand what my ldap server says (in order to correct the
parameter file but I don't find any information about that).

slapd -d 1
result is :

do_bind
do_bind: version 2 dn (         ou=people,o=icare,dc=atlas) method 128
dn2entry_r: dn: "OU=PEOPLE,O=ICARE,DC=ATLAS"
=> dn2id( "OU=PEOPLE,O=ICARE,DC=ATLAS" )
====> cache_find_entry_dn2id: found dn: OU=PEOPLE,O=ICARE,DC=ATLAS
<= dn2id 3 (in cache)
=> id2entry_r( 3 )
====> cache_find_entry_dn2id: found id: 3 rw: 0
<= id2entry_r 0x808e7e8 (cache)
send_ldap_result 48::
====> cache_return_entry_r
ber_get_next on fd 7 failed errno 0 (Success)
*** got 0 of 0 so far
do_unbind

I would like to undestand what the server is doing.
I join file :

--/etc/openldap/sldap (I erease the comment ) --
include         /etc/openldap/slapd.at.conf
include         /etc/openldap/slapd.oc.conf
schemacheck     off

pidfile         /var/run/slapd.pid
argsfile        /var/run/slapd.args

database        ldbm
suffix         "o=icare,dc=atlas"
rootdn         "cn=manager,o=icare,dc=atlas"
rootpw          pass
access to * by * write
directory       /var/lib/ldap

-- /etc/ldap.conf (I erease the comment ) --
#
# ...

# Your LDAP server. Must be resolvable without using LDAP.
host 127.0.0.1

# The distinguished name of the search base.
directory       /var/lib/ldap
base            o=icare,dc=atlas
suffix          o=icare,dc=atlas
binddn          ou=people,o=icare,dc=atlas
bindpw          pass
scope           sub

pam_filter objectclass=posixAccount
pam_login_attribute uid