Question: Qmail-LDAP-Control, 'Resource Temporarily Unavailable'

Title: Question: Qmail-LDAP-Control, 'Resource Temporarily Unavailable'

Hello,

Because I cannot tell if my problem is a problem with qmail-ldap-control or with openldap, I have included both relevant lists in my question.  My apologies to the inappropriate list.  I'm running an unusual setup of qmail-ldap-control, but the error I see is coming from openldap.  Without further ado:

Here are some relevant facts about my setup, some of which are non-standard, but seem to work, apart from my problem:

* RedHat Linux 7.0
* OpenLDAP 2.0.23
* Qmail-1.03
* Qmail-LDAP-patch 1.03-20011001a
* Qmail-LDAP-Control-patch ("latest": http://qmail.bayour.com/patches_ldap/
* daemontools 0.76
* ucspi-tcp 0.88

OpenLDAP compiled to be at home in /web/software/ldap
Daemontools compiled and configured to be at home in /web/software/control and /web/software/service
UCSPI compiled and configured to be at home in ucspi-tcp

** NOTE: Qmail-LDAP without control verified to work in this above-specified unusual environment

Qmail-LDAP-Control compiled and configured to live in /web/software/qmail ** unusual home

___

Now, for my problem.  I have verified that Qmail is running 'qmailctl stat' and everything looks good.  I have even verified that QMail is talking to openldap on port 389 by shutting down LDAP and trying to send an email to a LDAP-configured user and verified that /var/log/qmail/current complains that LDAP is not running.  So far, so good.

Here is the result of 'ldapsearch -x -b 'dc=ws208,dc=trellix,dc=com' '(objectclass=*)':

<attachment 1: database.txt ; http://www.zeroaltitude.org/tmp/database.txt >

Yes, I do note that the profile for 'eddie@ws208.trellix.com' is broken.

Here is 'slapd.conf':

<attachment 2: slapd.conf   ; http://www.zeroaltitude.org/tmp/slapd.conf  >

So, after noticing that when I try to send an email to 'eda@ws208.trellix.com' (not: 'eddie@ws208.trellix.com'!) fails, I ran slapd in --debug-level -1 mode, and dumped the full search output to a file.  Here is that file:

<attachment 3: ldapout.txt   ; http://www.zeroaltitude.org/tmp/ldapout.txt  >

Note the 'Resource Temporarily Unavailable' messages.  What am I doing wrong?  If you do not know what I am doing wrong, can you tell me who might?  Another list?  A person?  A testing methodology beyond what I have tried already?

I really appreciate your time looking at this, and apologize if I have included too much information.

Thanks,

-EdA