Re: LDAP and Lotus Notes ?

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Holger Banko wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is it possible to bring LDAP and Lotus Notes together ? We are using Notes
> here as Mail System only. It should be possible to create accounts from
> Linux/Ldap side in Notes. Or is there a way to do that with imap and PHP ?
>
> Any Ideas ?

We have the same situation, were we run domino for a mail server and
authenticate using openldap.

Problem is that there is a lot of information populated in the domino LDAP
server which you don't actually need outside
of Domino, and there's the client which uses a .id file to authenticate to
the server.  The .id file is generated when the person
is first created using the notes administrator.

You may be able to maintain the web/imap/pop password using LDAP,
we haven't tried replication of userPassword to domino yet, but there
really won't be much point if your clients are using the notes client,
as the password is central to the .id file, and the .id file
(I think using some type of shared key encryption) is used to authenticate
to the domino server.

If you have success, please let me know as I'd be very interested.

Regards
James Bourne

--
James Bourne, Supervisor Data Centre Operations
Mount Royal College, Calgary, AB, CA

addressed, and may contain confidential, personal, and or privileged
information. Please contact the sender immediately if you are not the
intended recipient of this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or
take action relying on it. Any communication received in error, or