OpenLDAP and Solris bootparams

Hi all.
I was trying to replace NIS by LDAP on a Solaris 8 and Solaris 9 box. The
typical stuff like hosts, groups and users works as expected but I run
into a problem when it comes to bootparams.

Eg:
	dn: cn=testbox,ou=Ethers,o=test-org
	objectClass: device
	objectClass: bootableDevice
	objectClass: ieee802Device
	cn: testbox
	macAddress: 00:01:02:03:04:05
	bootParameter: root=fs:/nfsroot/test
	bootParameter: swap=fs:/nfsswap/test
	bootParameter: dump=fs:/nfsdump/test

ldapadd/ldapmodify complain about the syntax

	ldap_modify: Invalid syntax
		additional info: bootParameter: value #0 invalid per syntax

which is the first value for 'bootParameter'. Looking into the code and checking RFC2307 it
seems that the syntax definition is too narrow minded: for example no '/' is allowed which
makes it useless for UNIX systems.

Any hints on this?

Thomas

PGP fingerprint: B1 EE D2 39 2C 82 26 DA  A5 4D E0 50 35 75 9E ED
Phone:           +49 731 50 22464
FAX:             +49 731 50 22471