Re: RE : how to generate passwords?

>ewww....  I don't have months....
>not good.......  <sigh>

It took me nine months (back in the 1.x days).  Eighteen months before
everything (sendmail, Samba, etc...) was ldap-ified.  But the
documentation is MUCH better now (it exists).  Takes about seven minutes
to set one up now.

Recent Red Hats have a program "authconfig" that does all the PAM work for
you.

I have explanantions of the Migration scripts and example slapd.conf files
in my LDAP presentation (ftp://kalamazoolinux.org/pub/pdf/ldapv3.pdf).

And check your file permissions.  Find out what user your slapd runs as
(varies by distro) and make sure he can see the directories you point him
at.

Don't forget about /var/log/secure and /var/log/messages.  PAM writes
stiff there when it has a problem.

>Problems you say? It took me months to get it working and I still have
>problems with ACL
>Wow!!  I've been trying for a solid week to get authentication to work
>via LDAP!
>Everytime I try to auth I get "Password Incorrect".....  (only setup
>pop3 for testing for now)
>I have no local accounts on my LDAP test box but I have over 27K LDAP
>entries.....
>I'm starting to get a bit frustrated......  Did you have any problems
>such as this when you first attempted to migrate to LDAP?

Ximian GNOME, Evolution, LTSP, and RedHat Linux + LVM & XFS