Re: how to generate passwords?

Wow!!  I've been trying for a solid week to get authentication to work via LDAP!

Everytime I try to auth I get "Password Incorrect".....  (only setup pop3 for testing for now)
I have no local accounts on my LDAP test box but I have over 27K LDAP entries.....

I'm starting to get a bit frustrated......  Did you have any problems such as this when you first attempted to migrate to LDAP?

Denny Snyder
Network Engineer
Susquehanna Communications
1050 E. King St
York, PA 17403
Office: (717)771-2613
Fax:    (717)843-5400
dsnyder@suscom.com
postmaster@suscom.net
"Nothing in life is worse than SPAM....  well.... maybe cold coffee!"  ;)

>>> "Jean-Rene Cormier" <jrclist@cipanb.ca> 03/19/02 02:40PM >>>
I've set up OpenLDAP to do user authentication for a server and now I'm
trying to make a script so user could change their password from the web
in PHP but I can generate the password using the crypt function in PHP
and putting {crypt}whateverpassword  in the userPassword attribute and I
can log in using SSH but I can't bind using the script I made anymore.
Anybody could help me with a way to generate passwords in PHP? And also
how do you generate password for the lmPassword and ntPassword? Thanks

Jean-Rene Cormier

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
X-GWTYPE:USER