Re: Attribute Inheritance

--On Montag, 18. März 2002 09:15 -0800 James Zappia <James.Zappia@digitalinsight.com> wrote:

Is there a way I reference the 'longname' and 'dinumber' from the above
query?
I know I can set objectclass=* and it will give me those values but I
would prefer not to do it this way.  Can I alias in or inherit the
attr=values from "diid=DI1234,dc=getsite" into
"prodcode=ib,diid=DI1234,dc=getsite"?

This feature is known as "collective attributes" in X.500/LDAP and currently not implemented in OpenLDAP. See draft-zeilenga-ldap-collective for further references.

--
Norbert Klasen, Dipl.-Inform.
DAASI International GmbH                 phone: +49 7071 29 70336