Re: objectclass: top

Hi,

On Monday 18 March 2002 13:24, you wrote:
> > The second question , how many entries can I store in a container . I can
> > remeber that I have read in some book , that only 1000 Entries can be
> > store in a container Object can anybody confirm this Information.
>
> I've no clue.  I suppose you can hack your way into it.  if there are some
> limitations, you also should be able to extend them to your own preferred
> max-number...

I do not think that openLDAP imposes a limit on the number of objects you
can store in a container object.
We have a container with about 20.000 objects in it, and it works OK.

One of the disadvantages of having so many objects on a container is
that finding objects using a directory browser is tedious ;-)
But we use it to ensure the uniqueness of other objects, so it bites us not
too hard.

Maybe you think of the sizelimit, an administrative limit that tells,
how many entries a search can return.
But this limit can be changed by the administrator of the directory server,
and it does not restrict the number of entries you can store in an object.

Yours
Peter

--
Peter Marschall     |   eMail: peter.marschall@mayn.de