Re: Replication referral

> Replication is working (well, with the rootpw in cleartext in the replica
> directive:( ) and wasn't that much of a problem to bring up.
> But when I make an update of a slave server (currently with ldapbrowser as
> rootdn), what happens? :  The slave server gets updated and there is no
> communication to the master server at all.

I note that you are using the same DN for rootdn on both servers, and
also using it as the updatedn. This means that the slave server cannot
tell the difference between an update connection from the master and a
local manager connection.

I suggest using a different DN for the slave rootdn, which can also be
the updatedn.

Andrew
|        Andrew.Findlay@skills-1st.co.uk       +44 1628 782565        |