RE: [openldap] cygwin, ldbm, and slapdd: works now

Hi,

Thanks to everyone who offered their help.

I downloaded sleepcat and then ran this configure setup:

 > env CC=gcc \
 > CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.0/include -I/usr/local/include"  \
 > LIBS="-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.0/lib -L/usr/local/lib"  \
 > /configure --without-threads -enable-ldbm --with-ldbm-api=berkeley

I do not know why -enable-ldbm needs to be specified because the
configuration file says

	--enable-ldbm 	enable ldbm backend [yes]

Still, that made the difference. The test-db files have a suffix of
dbb. Why it works differently on a different pc is beyond me - I
configured there without any options and I get .gdbm files in tests/test-db.

Thanks to Jarle Tvedten for posting his configure call.

David