Re: Differences slapdpasswd and ldappasswd

Also Sprach Zamangoer, Ferruh <ferruh.zamangoer@materna.de> on Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 09:47:40AM PST

> can anybody say me what's the differnces for this two commands .
> Does it mean that I use ldappasswd , when i want to change the password for
> any given entry and have to use
> the slappasswd to encrypt the rootpw .

Yes, slappasswd just generates the password hash (suitable for
pasting into slapd.conf); ldappasswd generates the hash and updates
the directory.

Wil
--
W. Reilly Cooley                           wcooley@nakedape.cc
irc.linux.com                                     #orlug,#lnxs

"There was a vague, unpleasant manginess about his appearence; he somehow
seemed dirty, though a close glance showed him as carefully shaven as an
actor, and clad in immaculate linen."
-- H.L. Mencken, on the death of William Jennings Bryan