Re: Extending the schema: What about OIDs?

If you come up with any attributes or objectclasses in practice you should use your own OID. Even if you are extending an existing schema and even if it works.
-Umesh

Venkataraman, Jeeva wrote:

Adam,
As we are using the core schema and extending it few more attributes, do we
need to get OID specifically for these additional attributes? Is that what
you are saying?
My understanding is that we need to get an OID if the schema is totally new
and independent of core schema. Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,

Jeeva Venkataraman
Software Engineer, MediaOcean.
In pursuit of real freedom we have yet to gain much more than we have won.
We have not begun to gain freedom from error, the freedom that comes from
the right reason. We have not begun to gain freedom from hate, the freedom
that is born of love. Thats the true meaning of our wars.
- FORTUNE mag Feb 1951 Issue.