Using syslog(8) on solaris box

Hi,

I am trying to log LDAP messages thru syslog(8) utility. The manual says 'not all systems support this'.

Is there any find which systems support? Specifically if this would work on a solaris.

The options I tried are: -s debug -l LOCAL4

Also on /etc/syslog.conf I have a entry :

local4.*             /usr/admin/ldaplog

This does not seem to work. Am I missing something? Should the file exist already?

Any clues from any one would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Jeeva Venkataraman,

Software Engineer,MediaOcean.

Everything is permanent, till it changes and after it changes, its permanent again.