Re: Indexes not building correctly in OpenLDAP 2.0.21?

Tero Pelander wrote:

> Did you ever bother to check the actual output instead of just counting
> the lines? I will show you.

Yes, I bothered to check the output.  My parenthetical comments indicate
what the problem is.

> On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, John Dalbec wrote:
> > I'm getting flaky search results from trailing wildcards.  I have 30
> > people that should match the first two searches and 33 that should match
> > the last two.  I just dumped and reloaded my database
> > [jpdalbec@mail03 perl]$ ldapsearch -x 'ou=computer services' -LLL dn |
> > wc -l
> >      60
>
> 30 results and 30 empty lines. So it is exactly correct count.

Yes.

> > [jpdalbec@mail03 perl]$ ldapsearch -x 'ou=computer services' -LLL dn |
> > sort | uniq | wc -l
> >      31
>
> 30 different result lines + 1 empty line. Still exactly what you wanted.

Yes.

> And so on. Actually check the results first before yelling for help in
> the mailing list.

No, Mr. Pelander, *you* didn't look closely at the numbers.  The second
set is 60 and 28 instead of 60 and 31.  The third set is 44 and 23
instead of 66 and 34.