Intranet project, LDAP+MySQL - whats the best way ??

Hi,

we want to build a central system where are all user dependent informations
are stored.

The base should be a SuSE Linux 7.3 and LDAP. The informations (user account
with phone number, photo, access rights, services, ...) are all entered with
a self build PHP frontend. Some informations should be accessible from the
http intranet (phone numbers etc.).

All the other service dependent informations should be accessed from the
services itself. We are running here HP UX, Windows and SAP on the Windows
Systems (and squid, nis, samba, dhcp, dns, nfs). It would be grate to have
the SAP access rights in the LDAP database and that SAP will get it from
there.

Whats the best way to do this ? Should i use a MySQL Database as backed for
LDAP ? Or should i use LDBM for the Logon informations only and put all the
other informations (phone numbers, photos,...) in a MySQL Database and bring
them all together with PHP to view/administrate them ???

Holger