Re: attribute sent multiple times

Jeff Costlow wrote:
My client code just broke against 2.0.23 slapd, I don't think it exhibited this behaviour with 2.0.21, and I know it wasn't this way with 2.0.19.

Essentially my code is building an LDAPMod* that had multiple entries for objectClasses.
2.0.23 slapd started returning 0x14 "Type or Value Exists" complaining about the same attribute sent multiple times.

I was able to fix the problem by building my LDAPMod with one entry (with multiple values) for objectClass, but I'm curious why the change happened. Was my previous code non-compliant?

I think you hit the fix of a bug ;-) I reported some time ago. In former versions of OpenLDAP is was possible to add the same attribute value several times to an entry's attribute although not allowed in X.500 data model.

Yes, I think your previous code was non-compliant.

Ciao, Michael.