LDAP authentication problem

Hello all,
I am having problems authenticating my Win2k LDAP client with my HP-UX LDAP server. I am trying to bind to the server using ADSI (in C++) which is supposedly built on LDAPv3. So far as I can tell from the MSDN documentation it may not even be possible to authenticate a Windows client with a non Windows server. Is this true? If anybody has succesfully done it I would be greatly appreciative if they could tell me how they managed it.
Thanks in advance.

Davey O'Brien

Software Engineer

Thermo LabSystems

Thermo LabSystems is a Thermo Electron business