Multiple Asynchronous Binds?

Hi,

I need to authenticate several users at a time using a single directory
server connection. Is this at all possible?

To test this, I've tried making two (digest-md5) binds within one
connection, but when trying to do the first bind call for the second
user, I receive an "Invalid Authentication Protocol" error.

Is there any way to authenticate several users' passwords, using
digest-md5, without having to maintain one connection for each users'
authentication? As in:

1) Connect to DS
2) Ask for md5 challenge (user #1)
3) Ask for md5 challenge (user #2)
4) Respond to challenge (user #1)
5) Respond to challenge (user #2)
6) Receive response (user #1 authenticated, therefore we know password
is correct)
7) Receive response (user #2 authenticated, therefore we know password
is correct)
8) Disconnect from DS

My test program does roughly the above, and I get the error on step 2.
All of my bind calls are asynchronous.

Any ideas if doing this is even possible/feasible? I would assume no
because if a user is authenticated it is for the entire ld.

Cheers,
-Mani

--
/* Mani Ghasemlou, Software Developer
 * Steltor Inc., 2000 Peel Street, 4th floor, Montreal.